3 SEPTEMBER 2021
Directed by Caramelo Raneri
Directed by Sam Peeters
Thunder from the Sea
written by Yoyam Bem-David
Best Acting — Dekel Hanuni
3 September 2021
6pm – 12am
Official Selection Intro
Winning Films Screening
This event will be part of the Cinalfama Lisbon International Film Festival's official launch.
Throughout the 3rd and 4th of September, Cinalfama will be screening the winning films from the Medium Lenght Film Festival together with the winners from Lisbon 1st Timers – Debut and Student Festival, Animalfama festival and Micro & No Budget Film Fest.
Kaltrina Krasniqi is an award winning Kosovo based film director and researcher working in film, television and digital humanities since early 2000.
She is a founding member of Kosovo Oral History Initiative – a digital archive where personal histories of individuals from various paths of life are recorded and published, and a co-founder of the popular Prishtina café-bookshop Dit’ e Nat’; a non formal setting for promotion of film, literature and music. She graduated in Film Directing in the University of Prishtina in 2004 and in 2011 completed her MA in Kosovo’s Institute for Journalism and Communication.
In 2015 she continued her professional development in the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) with focus in Film Producing. Her last film Sarabande (2018) premiered in ZagrebDox, was awarded as Best Documentary in Cinalfama Film Festival and was a nominee in short documentary competition at Camerimage Festival 2018. Currently she is in production of her first feature film “Vera Dreams of the Sea”.
Rules and Prizes
Rules and Submissions
1) The entrant/submitter/moviemaker hereby certifies that he possesses the right(s) and all of the proper clearances to submit the film, including, but not limited to image rights, talent releases, soundtrack and/or source music releases; and assumes all responsibility for their material. The MEDIUM LEGTH FILM FEST (MLFF)accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any movie submitted to the festival.
2) Every entry/submission will be judged based on its directing, acting, technical, and artistic merits, as related to the submission. All decisions made by the judge(s) are considered final and incontestable.
3)We reserve the right not to give all of the possible awards if we don’t receive enough entries in a particular category or if none of the submissions meet our high judging standards.
4) The MLFF only accept online screeners. Please submit them via FilmFreeway or any other suggested online platform. We do not accept discs or any downloadable files.
5) Check for specific submission prices in any of our suggested online platforms.
6) Entry fees are nonrefundable.
7) Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category.
8) Any entry will be considered eligible in the next edition only if the film was not awarded in the previous edition.
9) Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
10) The english subtitles must be embeded in the film. No aditional srt files will be accepted.
11) We accept every kind of film released after 2012 with a duration between 30 and 60 minutes.
13) MLFF reserves the right to disqualify any film whose submitter might be in any way linked to illicit or criminal acts, proven or otherwise.
Rules and Submissions for the Script Competition
- All entries must be original and the writer(s) must be the sole owners of the intellectual property
- The length should be between 20 and 80 pages.
- All ages are eligible
- The material submitted must be in English
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests is eligible
- There are no limitations or restrictions as to date of authorship
- The material submitted must not be encumbered by any obligation to, or option held by, any third party prior to entering the competition
- Material should be submitted as a PDF file in standard screenplay format
- No limitations regarding title page content. Title and name of writer and contact information on cover page is standard
- All scripts are eligible for resubmission and each resubmission will stand alone in the screenplay contest and not replace the previous submission
1) The selected and awarded films promotional material will be announced and viewable in our site and in our social media pages.
2) The winning films will receive a trophy
3) The awarded films rightful owners of the rights, in each category of every edition, hereby authorise the film’s live screening in MLFF Lisbon events. This authorisation is an indispensable condition for the inclusion in the festival’s official selection.
4) There can be, if the jury by its own quality so decides, two winners ex aequo in any of the categories.
5) The official selection is composed of winning films, the honorable mention recipients and a number of other offcially selected works.
6) MLFF Lisbon is held in Lisbon in July 2021.
7) There are five prize categories in our annual editions: Best Film; Best Debut Film; Best Directing; Best Acting and Best Screenplay. There is a separate Script Competition.
Prizes for the Script Competition
- MLFF will award 8 winning scripts.
- Winners will be announced and awarded in MLFF in July 2021.
- All our winners will receive a trophy and a certificate
- The winner scripts will be announced and promoted in our site and social media
- Each of our 8 winners will be promoted in all of our partnered festivals.